Garrison is a paralegal who assists attorneys with white-collar criminal defense, complex civil, qui-tam, and bankruptcy litigation. In tandem with his proficiency with practice management and e-discovery tools, Garrison employs his background in historical research to perform detailed document review and investigative research assignments for the firm. Prior to joining Bienert | Katzman in 2015, Garrison helped prepare cases for trial at a boutique defense firm that litigated commercial transportation, catastrophic injury, complex business, and product liability actions.
Garrison graduated from California State University, Fullerton, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in United States History, where he served as an editor of the Welebaethan Journal of History and member of the Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society. Outside of the office, Garrison enjoys surfing, backpacking, and performing as a drummer.Download vCard
- Performed document review, fact-finding, and trend analysis in a multi-million dollar tax fraud case in the United States District Court, District of Alaska.
- Assisted in the drafting of pleadings in a complex-civil case, where the plaintiff successfully recovered unpaid fees in a breach of contract matter in the California Superior Court.
- Arranged witness materials and conducted jury research in a Ventura County jury trial, which resulted in a multi-million dollar award for an electrician who was injured while working on an offshore oil platform.
- Helped attorneys and joint-defense counsel review case-related documents in an International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) case brought by the United States Attorney’s Office in the Central District of California.
- Reviewed government discovery and helped prepare a high-profile securities fraud case for trial in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York.
- Assisted with pretrial motions and trial preparation in a False Claims action, in which Bienert | Katzman secured a $280 million settlement on behalf of a whistleblower in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Supported attorneys in the defense of former employee of a provider of inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment services against charges of felony dependent adult abuse. After a nearly four-week trial, the Bienert | Katzman team secured a mistrial, which led to the government dismissing the charge against the client and all charges against related co-defendants.
- “Devil in the Detail: Piracy and Privateering Law in the 18th Century,” Welebaethan Journal of History (2015).
- “Wheels that Won the West” as featured in The World of the American West: A Daily Life Encyclopedia (Greenwood, 2016).