Carolyn is an accomplished litigation paralegal who assists attorneys with complex civil, bankruptcy and criminal defense litigation in both state and federal courts. Carolyn is highly experienced in all phases of litigation, including document control and analysis, database management, drafting pleadings, assisting with deposition, arbitration, and trial preparation, and providing in-courtroom trial support. She is proficient in the use of e-discovery software including Relativity, Concordance and Eclipse, and is a certified Trial Director expert. Her previous experience includes cases involving defense of DUI, domestic violence, white collar crime, hate and juvenile crimes, weapons charges and other felonies and misdemeanors.
Carolyn graduated Cum Laude from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology of Law, Criminology and Deviance. In 2013, she earned a paralegal certificate from the University of California, Irvine. Following graduation, she returned to the UC Irvine Paralegal Certificate Program as a teaching assistant in contract law.Download vCard
- A $280 million settlement in a qui tam action under the False Claims Act, the second largest settlement ever in a non-intervened qui tam case, on behalf of a whistleblower in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Dismissal on the eve of trial of a $600 million legal malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and RICO case on behalf of a prominent estate planning attorney.
- Dismissal of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and RICO claims on behalf of two of Orange County’s leading businessmen and philanthropists under California’s Anti-SLAPP statute.
- Securing a multi-million dollar jury verdict of a client injured by an arc flash on an offshore oil platform.
- After a four week trial, dismissal of action against client charged with dependent adult abuse.