Tony Bisconti is an experienced attorney specializing in complex civil and insolvency litigation, as well as white-collar criminal matters.
He has extensive experience representing individuals, businesses, and institutions in all phases of litigation, including trials, contested matters, evidentiary hearings, mediations, adversary proceedings, and appeals. He represents clients in investigations and litigation involving the United States Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, and other federal, state, and local agencies.
Tony has been selected as a Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” every year since 2015.
- Representation of an oil company in its acquisition of an oil facility from a bankruptcy estate in a contested sale process, including prevailing on appeal before the Ninth Circuit.
- Representation of a business in a criminal investigation involving the federal anti-kickback statute.
- Representation of a businessman, defending against investment advisor fraud, securities fraud, wire fraud, and conspiracy charges involving off-shore hedge funds brought by the Department of Justice, including a 4 week trial.
- Representation of a liquidating trustee asserting claims for fraudulent transfer arising out of a failed luxury resort development. The court granted summary judgment in favor of Tony’s client, awarding more than $200 million in damages.
- Representation of a businessman and film financier in involuntary bankruptcy cases commenced against five of his companies. After more than five years of intense litigation, Tony was able to obtain the outright dismissal of the five bankruptcy cases.
- Breach of contract action against a defendant for failure to pay legal fees due and owing under retention agreement. Tony served as first chair at trial, and obtained a judgment for the full amount of fees sought in the action, with interest. Tony also obtained an affirmance of the trial award on appeal.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a civil tort action filed against his client, a high-profile professional athlete.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of civil contempt proceedings seeking a sanction against his client in excess of $40 million, based on prior alleged conduct in a case that had been litigated for approximately 20 years and resulted in two decisions by the United States Supreme Court.
- Tony has taken an active role in leadership positions in the Orange County legal community. In 2013, Tony became a director of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, and served as its President for the 2015-16 term. Tony is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association and American Bankruptcy Institute, and has repeatedly been recognized as a Super Lawyers’ Rising Star.
- Prior to joining Bienert, Miller & Katzman, Tony was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Maureen A. Tighe of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
- Selected as a Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” for the years 2015-2018