Anne has extensive experience representing clients in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and mediations throughout the country. She specializes in complex business, insolvency, commercial litigation, and white collar criminal defense matters. Her litigation experience includes representing federal agencies, public companies, counties, insurance companies and brokers, general partnerships, and witnesses in significant contract disputes, environmental disputes, business tort actions, shareholder derivative actions, bankruptcy matters, complex securities actions, and federal civil and criminal investigations.
Anne is a member of the Orange County Asian American Bar Association, the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (“NAPABA”), and the Orange County Bar Association. She served as a panelist on municipal bankruptcies at the 2015 NAPABA Annual Convention held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Anne previously served on the Board of Directors for Friends of READ Orange County, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the literary services provided by the Orange County public libraries.
Prior to joining Bienert | Katzman, Anne practiced in the litigation departments of Musick, Peeler & Garrett in Los Angeles, and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher in Orange County.
Anne earned her law degree from UCLA, where she received the Blanche H. Lyle Scholarship and the Distinguished Pro Bono Student Award. She graduated cum laude from U.C. Irvine with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. While at U.C. Irvine, she was awarded the Regents’ Scholarship four straight years, named to the Dean’s List every year she was eligible, and was elected as a member of Phi Beta Kappa.Download vCard
- Representation of the Official Committee of Retired Employees in the Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy case of In re City of San Bernardino. The Committee represented the interests of more than two-thousand retired City employees in this municipal bankruptcy case. Anne and the Bienert | Katzman succeeded in preserving full retention of the pensions for all of the San Bernardino retirees.
- Defense of the operator of a government-owned wastewater treatment facility accused of violating the Clean Water Act and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Representation of a former supervisor of a waste management company in a criminal investigation into Clean Water Act and other violations.
- Representation of an oil manufacturing facility in an investigation by the US Attorney’s Office and the Environmental Protection Agency relating to an oil spill at the facility.
- Representation of the Chapter 7 Trustee of one of the largest law firm bankruptcy cases in the country, in his capacity as Senior Manager Director of FTI Consulting.
- Defense of former employee of substance abuse treatment facility accused of felony dependent adult abuse. After a nearly four-week trial, Anne and the Bienert | Katzman team secured a mistrial, which led to the government dismissing the charge against Anne’s client and all charges against related co-defendants.
- Defense of an oncologist against multiple charges of tax evasion and obstruction of the due administration of internal revenue laws.
- Defense of the owner and operator of a large produce farm against forced labor charges and related felony counts. Five days into the trial, the U.S. Department of Justice dismissed all charges against Anne’s client.
- Prosecution of two separate breach of contract actions on behalf of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation against two title In one matter, as a result of a meritorious motion for summary judgment, Anne and the Bienert | Katzman team secured a judgment in favor of her client in the amount of approximately $5.9 million. In the other matter, after obtaining a dismissal of several key affirmative defenses, Anne and the Bienert | Katzman team negotiated a highly favorable settlement for their client.
- Representation of a federal bankruptcy Trustee in the pursuit of funds belonging to a bankruptcy estate. On a motion brought by Anne and Steven J. Katzman, a federal judge ordered the return of over $1 million in embezzled tax refunds to the estate.
- Representation of an oil and gas company and two of its principals in a proceeding regarding an alleged violation of a temporary restraining Anne and the Bienert | Katzman team successfully obtained a discharge of an Order to Show Cause against her clients after several discovery disputes and nine days of testimony. In the same matter, Anne and the BMK team also obtained the dismissal of an appeal challenging the bankruptcy court’s order authorizing a Chapter 11 trustee to use a bankruptcy estate’s interest in a subsidiary’s stock to vote in favor of a settlement agreement.
- Representation of a senior managing director acting in his capacity as the Trustee in the Chapter 7 bankruptcy case of one of the largest law firm bankruptcy cases in the country.
- Representation of U.S.-based pharmaceutical distributors accused of misappropriating trade secrets from a foreign competitor.
- Representation of individuals in investigations relating to alleged kickbacks, health care fraud, and other regulatory offenses.
- Representation of a court-appointed receiver for a licensed California cannabis oil manufacturer.